Just like in any industry, not all funeral homes are created equal. However, many of them do offer similar services to accommodate the final wishes of deceased individuals and their families.
These are a few of the most commonly-offered services:
- Preplanning: One of the best services found at funeral homes these days is preplanning. Preplanning covers everything from choosing the person’s casket or urn to arranging the ceremony. Not only will preplanning take a burden off your shoulders when a loved one passes, but it can also help save money.
- Casket and urn sales: Most funeral homes have a wide selection of caskets and urns available to purchase. The best ones can also special order a casket or urn during your funeral preplanning if they don’t have anything to your liking in stock.
- Memorial service: While a memorial service can be held anywhere, funeral homes are probably the most common location nowadays. A quality funeral home provides a quiet, elegant place to say goodbye to your loved ones after they’ve passed on.
- Direct cremation: Cremations get more and more popular each year. In fact, they may soon surpass traditional burials in terms of popularity. When you let a funeral home handle a cremation, you can rest easy knowing it’ll be performed correctly and with respect.
- Cremation with service: Those who choose cremation may also want a memorial service to be held somewhere afterward—that’s something a funeral home can arrange for you. Whether it’s a service at the actual funeral home or a special location, a quality funeral home can help set that up.
Finding the right funeral home
The last thing you want is to choose the wrong funeral home for you and your loved ones. Here are a few things to look for when searching for a funeral home:
- Services offered: The first thing to consider is what types of services the funeral home offers. After all, there’s no point in going to them if they can’t honor your loved one’s final wishes. We recommend finding a funeral home that provides everything from preplanning to final burial or cremation services to ensure the process is as easy as possible.
- Staff: You can’t overlook the team members at the funeral home. The best funeral homes are staffed with empathetic employees who understand what your family is going through and do everything they can to accommodate you and your loved ones.
- Pricing: The average funeral costs anywhere from $7,000 to $12,000—they’re certainly not cheap. But you can lessen this financial burden by finding a funeral home that offers its services at affordable prices. There’s no harm in shopping around and getting a few different estimates before choosing a funeral home.
For a funeral home and staff that checks off all of the boxes above, pay a visit to ICS Cremation & Funeral Home. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation to learn more about our services or to see why we’re one of the area’s top funeral homes.
Categorised in: Funeral Homes
This post was written by Writer