Any time you can pre-plan your end of life and funeral services, you should. Not only is it a little extra peace of mind for your loved ones, but you’ll ensure you get the services you want. Pre-planning funeral services in Gainesville, FL is a nice way to take the financial and emotional burden off your loved ones in their time of grief.
Here’s what pre-planning entails and why it might be a good choice for you.
What are prepaid plans?
Prepaid funeral plans include the general services or goods you want for your funeral. That is, you can prepay and select the casket, funeral home, venue, transportation, flowers and other features you’d like your funeral to include. Plans typically range from $10,000 to $25,000.
If you work with a specific funeral home for your prepaid plan, make sure there are contingency plans for unforeseen events, like the funeral home going out of business before you pass away, or being too busy to handle your arrangements. Ask if the policy will transfer to another funeral home, should any of these issues arise.
When you purchase a prepaid plan, make sure you know exactly what you’re getting—and keep a copy of the documentation with your end-of-life wishes. Make sure to let a trusted relative or loved one know where to find the important paperwork.
Benefits of prepaid plans
Not sure whether pre-planning makes sense for you? Here are some of the advantages of making your arrangements well in advance:
- Take care of arrangements ahead of time: No one wants to think about dying, but many people have very specific ideas of what they want to happen after they die. Instead of leaving that to your relatives, you can plan the arrangements ahead of time. That way, there’s no question about what you might have wanted.
- Get exactly what you want: If you have specific details you’d like to include, whether that’s your favorite flower, a particular funeral home or a specific type of casket, you’ll be able to provide for that with your prepaid plan.
- Take the emotional burden off your loved ones: When you die, your family and friends will probably be shocked and devastated—even if your death is at the end of a long illness. Rather than forcing them to make plans in their time of grief, you can ease their emotional burden.
- Protect your family’s finances: Unfortunately, sometimes people die unexpectedly—and if it comes at a bad time, your family may not be able to pay for your funeral arrangements without taking out loans or other financing. Save your family the financial cost of a funeral by pre-planning now.
- Lock in a good price: Finally, you can lock in a good deal now—if prices go up in the future, you’ll still be covered, and still get the exact funeral you want.
Your family might not realize it now, but pre-planning funeral services in Gainesville, FL is one of the kindest things you can do for them. If you’re interested in finding out more, call ICS Cremation & Funeral Home today.
Categorised in: Funeral Plans
This post was written by Writer