Talking about death and funerals is typically a faux pas in American culture. For that reason, many Americans just assume that traditional burials are the way funerals have to be. However, that’s not the case.
In fact, cremation services are on the rise across the country, with 53.1 percent of Americans opting for cremation in 2018—and the Cremation Association of North America predicts that number will be 59.4 percent in 2023! Because it’s getting more popular, now is a great time to cover a few of the reasons why people choose local cremation service in Lake City, FL:
- Potential savings: It’s no surprise that funeral services are expensive. The cost of caskets, headstones, embalming fluids, flowers and everything else needed for an elaborate ceremony really add up. A traditional burial service costs about $7,000, while cremation is around $1,500. So, if you or your family members are looking to save some money, consider cremation.
- Originality: While each memorial service can be unique, the burials themselves aren’t. After all, there’s only so much you can do with lowering a casket into the ground. That’s where cremations are different. Wherever your favorite place is, that’s where your remains can spend eternity. We’ve seen people lay ashes at the beach or a garden, or even distribute them among family members.
- Convenience: Unless the deceased planned and paid for their funeral in advance, planning an entire funeral puts a big burden on family members. That’s usually not the case if the deceased chose to hire a local cremation service in Lake City, FL. After a body is cremated, family members can host a memorial service anywhere they choose without a ton of hassle or prior planning.
- Eco-friendly option: Finally, cremation is a lot better for the environment than a traditional burial. A burial service uses up tons of resources like wood, bronze, steel, concrete and embalming fluid. Cremations, on the other hand, don’t require all of that.
Start planning your cremation or burial service today
Nobody wants to start thinking about their funeral, but trust us: now is the time to do so. These are a few reasons to start planning your local cremation service in Lake City, FL now:
- Ensure your wishes are known: Even though we won’t technically be there, we all want our funeral wishes to be known and honored. Don’t make your family members guess what you’d want for a service—plan your funeral or cremation ahead of time.
- Lessen financial stress: We mentioned above how expensive funeral services can be. Reduce that financial burden by planning and pre-paying for your service now.
- Peace of mind for everyone: You and your loved ones will sleep better at night knowing that your funeral or cremation is all planned out. Our professionals at ICS Cremation & Funeral Home will walk you through the entire process, so you’re not doing it alone.
Now is the best time to start planning your burial or local cremation service in Lake City, FL with our team at ICS Cremation & Funeral Home. If you don’t think cremation is for you, we also offer traditional burial services and green burials, so we’re able to fulfill all of your final wishes. Reach out today to learn more.
Categorised in: Cremation Services
This post was written by Writer