Tips for Choosing an Inscription for a HeadstoneFebruary 4, 2020 4:23 am Leave your thoughts
Headstones are designed to memorialize people who have passed and commemorate the life and legacy that they left behind. Choosing a headstone inscription gives you an opportunity to honor your loved one with a beautiful memorial. However, it’s not always easy to make decisions about headstone materials, layouts, designs and headstone inscriptions in Lake City, FL. Thankfully, there are some simple tips to make the process easier.
When you’re selecting a headstone inscription and headstone material in Lake City, FL, the most important thing is to keep your loved one in mind and make decisions based on what they would have wanted. If you aren’t sure exactly what your loved one had in mind for a headstone or memorial, talk with other family members to make decisions based on their personality, lifestyle and preferences. Here are a few tips to help you select an inscription for a headstone:
- Create something unique: Every individual is unique, and a headstone should reflect the individuality of your loved one. Avoid reusing common designs or quotes for their headstone. Instead, think of a unique quote, piece of poetry, phrase or saying that encapsulates the personality of your loved one.
- Keep things simple: There’s probably a lot that you want to say about your loved one, but it’s best to keep the headstone inscription simple. Excessively long inscriptions might distract from the beauty of the memorial, so avoid anything that’s too complicated or wordy.
- Consider design and style: The headstone inscription isn’t the only thing that must be taken into account. The style and design of a headstone, including the material it’s made from, can make a huge difference in its overall appearance. Take time to choose lettering styles, designs, artistic elements and materials that express the style preferences and tastes of your loved one.
- Get inspiration: There are lots of places you can look for inspiration for headstone inscriptions and designs. Websites can provide great inspiration to give you some ideas about the design of a headstone. It’s also a good idea to collaborate with other family members and friends to ensure the final headstone design honors your loved one in the best way possible.
- Don’t feel rushed: There’s no reason to rush through decisions about a headstone. It’s very common for families to place a temporary marker at a gravesite before a final headstone is complete. Many families take several months, or even years, before selecting an inscription for a permanent headstone. Take plenty of time to decide what kind of inscription is right for the headstone so you’ll feel confident in your final decision.
If you’re looking for assistance with headstone material selection or memorial arrangements in Lake City, FL, reach out to ICS Cremation & Funeral Home. Our team has been assisting community members with comprehensive, compassionate services for years. Regardless of what your specific needs may be, we’re here to assist you with every aspect of the planning process. Reach out to us to learn more about all of the services we have to offer and to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Headstones
This post was written by Writer