Funerals are not something that anyone likes thinking about—and when the subject does come up, cost is usually the last thing any of us want to ponder. After all, when the time comes to honor your late loved one, money simply shouldn’t be a consideration.
This is true, but it is also true that funerals, like any other type of service, do come with associated costs. If you are trying to determine how much a funeral will cost, it is important to keep certain factors in mind. Here’s a general rundown that should help you to determine the cost of a funeral:
- Cremation or casket: One of the biggest factors affecting the cost of a funeral will be whether you bury your loved one in a casket or have them cremated. Generally speaking, the cost of a casket and burial is significantly more than the cost of a cremation and urn. But cremations and caskets both vary greatly in terms of price.
- Funeral home fees: A good funeral home will cover all of the basics associated with the funeral for you—not just the service itself, but also the burial arrangements, and even invitations and decorations. Any of the reputable funeral homes in Lake City, FL will be happy to work with you to find a plan that fits your budget.
- Decorations: Flowers, balloons, signs, photographs—chances are you will want to include some of these things in your loved one’s funeral. A good funeral home will be happy to help you arrange for these details. But the more of them you have, the more expensive the funeral will be.
- Accommodations: Accommodations include things like food, a hearse for the casket and limousine for the family, and the actual cost associated with renting the funeral home. Again, this is something a helpful funeral home will be happy to arrange for you and include in your overall cost.
- Travel: Here is something that folks do not always consider until the last minute: will you need to pay to have important loved ones and family members travel to attend the funeral? Fortunately, airlines do offer discounted bereavement rates, but you still ought to keep this in mind when planning the funeral budget.
- Gravestones: Gravestones, statues and monuments at the burial site will all be extra expenses to consider when planning a funeral and burial. Unless you are dealing with an unexpected death, your late loved one may have already made arrangements for a gravestone themselves before passing. Still, it is something to keep in mind when considering the overall cost of a funeral.
Here at ICS Cremation & Funeral Home, we know that nobody ever looks forward to saying that final goodbye to a loved one. But with our help, we are confident you can arrange a respectful, elegant and appropriate funeral without breaking your budget. When the time comes to hold a funeral for one of your loved ones, we hope you will choose us among the funeral homes in Lake City, FL. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to learn more about how we can help.
Categorised in: Funeral Homes
This post was written by Writer