Is a Funeral Planner in Lake City, FL Really Necessary?November 21, 2018 10:51 pm Leave your thoughts
The job of a funeral planner in Lake City, FL is often a mystery. Many people wonder what exactly this person does, and whether they are even necessary. When it comes time to plan your funeral or that of a loved one, will you need the help of this individual?
The answer is: yes and no. Here’s the scoop.
What a Funeral Director Does
If you’re wondering whether or not a funeral director is necessary, you probably don’t realize all the duties this person fulfills. A funeral planner in Lake City, FL typically handles the following arrangements:
- Full funeral services: A funeral service involves many components, from building utilization, to setup and cleanup, to signage and more. Even simple services require planning and organization to arrange and host. The funeral director takes care of all these details.
- Cremations/embalming: If you or your loved one desires to be cremated, the funeral director can make these arrangements. The funeral planner in Lake City, FL knows who to contact and what the proper procedures are for both cremation and embalming and can make this process easier. They also provide a selection of urns and keepsake urns to store ashes. If you desire cremation jewelry, many funeral directors can also make arrangements for these pieces to be made.
- Obituaries: If you’ve never placed an obituary before, this process can be intimidating. Where should it be submitted? What should it include? Your funeral planner in Lake City, FL can provide all of these details and more. They will guide you through the process and ensure your loved one is properly memorialized.
Why You Need a Funeral Planner in Lake City, FL
Some people may look at the tasks that must be completed for funeral arrangements and assume they can complete them on their own. While this may be true in some cases, most people prefer to pass along these duties to someone else. In the midst of grieving, they do not want the extra concerns of planning, legal issues, embalming, casketing, funeral services and more. Your funeral planner in Lake City, FL can take care of all these complex details for you, so you can focus on being with your loved ones and take time to grieve.
Better Ways to Save
If you are considering skipping working with a funeral planner in Lake City, FL due to cost, there are other ways you can make your services more economical:
- Consider limiting the number of visitation times or use a private home for this portion of the services.
- Provide the funeral home with clothing for your loved one rather than purchasing something from the funeral service.
- Ask friends and family to perform pallbearer duties rather than asking the funeral planner in Lake City, FL to provide pallbearers.
- Cut back on the number of flower arrangements.
Let Us Help You
Could you benefit from the services of a funeral planner in Lake City, FL? In this time of great need, let the staff at ICS Cremation & Funeral Home assist you. For over 16-years, ICS Cremation & Funeral Home has been providing northern Florida and southern Georgia with quality cremation and funeral services. Our services include full funerals, urns, keepsake urns, cremations, cremation jewelry, obituaries and more. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns.
Categorised in: Funeral Planner
This post was written by Writer